Obviously the past few weeks have been very busy, hence I have not had much time to write! I had WAY too much time this morning but was waiting so I could put up pictures.
Camila started her Mom's Day Out program this morning and I have been sick with dread. I really didn't feel like it was the right thing to do, and I still don't. But I worried she would panic (even though she HAS stayed in my church nursery a couple times with no issues), that she wouldn't use the potty, that the whole thing would be a traumatic experience. On the bright side, I figured they would pull her out and we could put the whole ordeal behind us till next year.
Camila started her Mom's Day Out program this morning and I have been sick with dread. I really didn't feel like it was the right thing to do, and I still don't. But I worried she would panic (even though she HAS stayed in my church nursery a couple times with no issues), that she wouldn't use the potty, that the whole thing would be a traumatic experience. On the bright side, I figured they would pull her out and we could put the whole ordeal behind us till next year.
Well I forgot to factor in that for the most part, she truly is a well-adjusted, adaptable child with fairly advanced cognitive abilities. Her mother took her today and just stayed on the premises, so before she left her she stressed that "Mama is coming right back, you're just going to stay and play and have lunch."
She did cry. But she stopped. She played and listened and was nice to other kids. She even ate her lunch and used the potty not once, but MULTIPLE times. I am proud, yet disappointed. I really thought we weren't going to have to go through with this. Now I face 8 empty hours a week (I do have Emi, whom I love, but she is still an infant that takes naps often, and I just miss my girl!), not to mention all my aforementioned reasons about behaviors and sicknesses. Maybe today was a fluke...
I'm a bad nanny.
Anyway, here are some pictures from today and her new gymnastics class which she LOVES!
We picked out a lunchbox Friday. In spite of having never seen Scooby Doo in her life, she chose him over Dora, Hello Kitty, a puppy, and an elephant!
((hugs)) You'll have to trust the Lord and keep your ears open to anything you need to deal with. She sounds like she's growing up very well. She's had a good teacher!
ReplyDelete