Friday, December 10, 2010

Communication

Communication is something I am not always good at. I do well as far as general communication about day-to-day things, but when it comes to my feelings, I am a very clammed-up person, except at the WRONG times.
We had a small problem this week that basically came down to major differences in communication. I won't go into detail, but her mom said something in an offensive way (even though she didn't mean it entirely the way it sounded, she did admit it may not have been the best way to say it), I reacted wrongly, and we were forced to deal with it. But we're cool now, and even in the middle of everything, there were no hard feelings.
That's the thing with this job: the good news is, you can become like a family. The bad news is, you become like a family. One thing that came up in our discussion is that it seems like we are ALWAYS together. Even when we are separated for most of the day, we remain in close contact and I am dealing with their life, so they are very much present. As such, we get comfortable with each other, take each other for granted, and get sick of the sight of each other's faces. We're all on the same schedule so we all get tired and snappy at the same time.
But, like a family, we work it out. This is a bit of a problem with me since I haven't communicated with my parents until things got out of hand. I tend to do the same thing here. I'm working on it. Otherwise, everything has been good this week. I threw a party for some friends last night, and my girls came (looking cute and completely well-behaved!). Emi walked a full 3 1/2 steps to me last night! I think by Christmas she'll be everywhere!

Emi, me, and Rachel at the party




Their very first viewing of "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Emi wanted to be just like Camila with her popcorn so she has a bowl of Puffs. :)





Best. Santa picture. EVER.

2 comments:

  1. Wow at that gorgeous chick next to you at the party wearing reindeer antlers!

    Oooooo I just thought of when we were at the fair and thought I think about the swings and maybe that ride that drops you real fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I re-read this over a year later and have no idea what that second comment means.

      But that Santa pic is HILARIOUS

      Delete