I am on vacation yet again! I know it seems like I just did that, but remember that I get very few days off in between. This time I am on a Wisconsin-Savannah-Atlanta trip, visiting friends and family.
My girls are all well, though I haven't heard much from them this week. Their mother gets poor reception at their grandparents' house. That's why I'm on vacation; I had a week off work anyway, and I do try to do my traveling when they do theirs.
So far it has turned out to be a good time of year for it, though. Wisconsin wasn't very cold at all, nowhere near the Arctic I was kind of expecting. :) Savannah, though overcast, greeted me with pleasant temperatures as well. At least it feels like fall!
One thing that has been on my mind lately has only been confirmed on this trip. I have some amazing friends! I complain because they all live in different places or don't go to my church, or whatever I feel like complaining about on that day, but I really shouldn't. I am blessed with a wide variety of friends, each playing a different role in my life. I have old friends, young friends, married friends, single friends, mommy friends, Christian friends, Jewish friends, northern friends, southern friends, friends that like to travel, friends that don't, friends that write, friends that don't...the list goes on and on. I have varying degrees of closeness with these friends, but I would count them friends nonetheless.
I'm not trying to brag or be like "look at me, I'm so popular!" But it has been pointed out to me that not everyone has these resources. And that's really what they are: I learn so much from these different people. Even the ones I know that aren't Christians make me think and stay on top of knowing what I believe. And if my parents only knew the stupid arguments a certain friend has talked me out of when I was throwing an attitude. I think God placed her in my life to save me from an early death! (Just kidding by the way...as much as they may want to, my parents would never kill me.)
Thanksgiving is coming up, so thanking God will soon be on everyone's minds. But I think I owe God several years of thanks for all His blessings of friends. And to all my friends, everywhere, THANK YOU! I shall try to be a better friend to many of you!
You're my Southern Friend...and so glad to know you!
ReplyDeleteYou may be my Northernmost friend! Congratulations! Glad I met you too!
ReplyDelete