Camila wasn't happy about going back to "school" on Tuesday, but lucky for both of us, it's closed today for Veteran's Day. We went on a Petsmart/Booksamillion trip this morning.
It's almost scary how quickly they're growing up. Emi has 3 teeth and is desperately trying to cut 2 or 3 more at once. She can stand on her own for probably a good 30 seconds, but is suddenly hesitant to take steps. (She does NOT like to fall.) She tries to sing in the car and waves "hi" more than "goodbye". She even says "Hiiiiii" sometimes, always long and drawn out like that.
Camila's vocabulary continues to explode. She called me on vacation and told me in clear, full sentences all about her trip and what she was seeing and doing. She sounded like an older child, no longer the tiny baby-voice I heard on vacations past.
When we got back we talked about our trips. She told me she fed cows. "Cool." I decided to insert an educational moment. "Did you know milk comes from cows?"
She laughed. "No!" She thought I was joking with her!
"No, it really does, I'm serious."
She laughed and shook her head. "Silly Baba!"
Then we talked about my trip. "Baba, you saw your friend Emily?"
"Yes, I did."
"And your grandma?"
"Yep."
Our new obsession is names: "What's your grandma's name?"
"Oh, I just call her Grandma."
(Sigh) "No. What's your grandma's NAME?"
Too smart for her own good. I think I was 7 or 8 years old before I realized grandmas have names too.
Yesterday we made brownies. She took the box from me and studied the back. "Hmmm. We need one egg!" Sure enough, we needed one egg! She had "read" the picture with the instructions.
Later, I asked if she had to go to the bathroom. She said no. "Are you sure?"
Her annoyed expression said it all, but she added, "I'm positive."
I cracked up. She probably picked it up from her dad, but I had never heard her say it before.
Her mother has slowly loosened up and let my friends be a little more involved with her. (Mainly after she discovered some of them babysit and it may therefore be beneficial for the girls to be familiar with them.) So Rachel came over yesterday because she had a Toy Story poster for them to paint.
Her mother has slowly loosened up and let my friends be a little more involved with her. (Mainly after she discovered some of them babysit and it may therefore be beneficial for the girls to be familiar with them.) So Rachel came over yesterday because she had a Toy Story poster for them to paint.
They had a BLAST. Camila was hamming it up all over the place, making faces and noises and giggling. They painted the poster, built a puzzle, ate brownies, and Rachel taught her "What does the elephant say? Roll Tide!" Camila has no idea why this is funny but likes the reaction it gets so she has been saying it for people. (I am not a football fan in the least, so I have no preference.)
So overall, we have had a good week so far!
The only time they're both smiling in a picture is when they're looking at each other. It's annoying, but sweet at the same time.
The girl LOVES chocolate!
No comments:
Post a Comment