Sunday, June 27, 2010

Two Homes

I fully intended to do another post last week, but got sick around Tuesday and was pretty much down for the count. (I only missed two days of work but Wednesday was ROUGH.)
Backtracking, I must say I am very impressed, yet saddened, by how grown-up Camila is becoming. I toted both of them to church with me again Sunday and she didn't do as well in the service this time but she made it through the song time and the offering.
At offering time my brother gave her a dollar. I whispered in her ear, "Are you going to give that to Jesus?" (I've been trying to work on her concept of God lately.)
She turned to the elderly man seated next to us and held out the dollar. "Here you go!" Apparently our concept needs more work.
She was squirmy through the singing so before the sermon started I said, "How about we go to the nursery?"
She clapped her hands. "Yay! Nursery!"
Emi was content in my mother's arms so I walked Camila back. There were only two other children so after giving her a minute, I told her I was going to go listen in church then I'd be back for her in a little bit. She wasn't concerned so I left her there.
When I came back she was happily playing. They said she had only gotten teary eyed once!
Tuesday we went to play at a local play area and she played extremely well, both with a little boy with Downs Syndrome and with a very pushy older girl. I'm so proud of how well she gets along with others.
Then later this week, I got sick and a babysitter came in to help while I was out (bronchitis, I think). She did well Thursday but Friday she was so hard to deal with that her mom let the babysitter go early. That night her mom asked if she liked the babysitter. She said she grew serious and said, "Baba [her name for me]? Baba coming home?"
She thought maybe I had left her and the other girl was my replacement. She thinks her home is MY home too. Her mom explained that I was sick, so she promptly fetched the Vicks for me! I felt like a horrible person for being sick. :(
But I go back to her tomorrow, and hopefully she will be happy that I am "home".

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Good luck working on your "God concept" - it's a hard one for this age!

    And I frequently find myself referring to Abby's house as "home", lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes it doesn't help that her parents are more superstitious than religious, so I have to be cautious about how I proceed. And yes, I think sometimes my parents get offended because I consider her house more home than my house anymore. I practically live there!

    ReplyDelete