Okay I have nothing against rodents. I love hamsters and squirrels, and have even been known to play with my friend's gerbils. I will admit mice and rats give me the heebie-jeebies.
So when we noticed a mouse in the backyard (at work) back during the summer, I was grossed out but not panicked. It was outside, after all, and they'd been doing roadwork nearby. Probably scared out of his field. We even took a picture of him on the birdfeeder at one point (picture at the end).
Then we found squirrels and birds on the screened-in back porch a few months ago. They were eating their way in to get to the birdseed that was sitting there. We wondered if the mouse had also found his way in but never found any signs of him and forgot about it.
Well late last week we found droppings in the storage room and heard scurrying. They decided to call an exterminator. Again, he was outside, so I was fine.
THEN this morning I get the SHOCKING news that not only has he made it INSIDE the house, this critter has carried a WHOLE banana OFF the kitchen counter and onto the floor! Apparently they hadn't told me because they didn't want me to freak out. (Good choice.)
So the exterminator has come and set traps and hopefully this mouse will be caught by the morning. I feel sorry for him, but not sorry enough to refrain from screaming if I see him. Gotta love my job.

HAHAHAH I cannot escape the mental image of this rodent carrying an entire banana around the house...HAHA parading around like he owns the joint. So I assume they found the remains of said banana?
ReplyDeleteYES, I didn't think to take a picture of THAT before they threw it away (they had saved it to show the exterminator). He ate half of it!!!!! Like OPENED the peel and ate it!
ReplyDeletePretty impressive that the mouse can open a banana peel. I know humans who struggle with those...
ReplyDeleteOkay so he chewed a small hole then ripped that open (from appearances). He didn't actually peel it.
ReplyDelete