Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Will Survive

So she came home Sunday! Everything has gone relatively smooth. Camila is crazy about "Baby Emi". It helps that Emi is a good baby, crying only rarely. Both girls are adjusting pretty well.

Really the main problem is keeping up the house. I'm trying to be delicate, but let's just say the person that is supposed to be here to help...isn't helping. I am finding myself pulling triple duty, trying to care for both babies, their mom, and the house, which would be easier if it was just us messing it up. Their mom is trying to help and getting up doing wayyy more than she should. Like I said, the girls are good. Emi is sleeping fairly well, allowing her mother some rest. Camila had a fever yesterday, but this time we could see where a tooth is coming in, and it didn't go too high. (It actually was kind of helpful, because she took two long naps, allowing me to get more done. )

But while it makes for a long, exhausting day, things really are bumping along smoothly. The house is clean, laundry is done, everyone is getting food and naps, and there are groceries in the house. And if nothing else, the one person throwing a monkey wrench in things leaves in a couple days. :)

Today is going to drag on forever, I think. Their mom has an appointment at 6 p.m. I got here at 8 am and must rush to church as soon as she gets back. It will be a while before I get home! But again...I will survive. ;)

1 comment: