Saturday, February 20, 2010

We have a name!


Finally, almost 48 hours after birth, the baby has a name: Emiliana. (Ay-ME-lee-AH-nuh) But for short, she will be Baby Emi. Even Camila can say it.
I didn't see them today, and honestly, it was hard on me! I had a lot to get done, and technically, it is my day off. But Camila has clung to me the last few days, and I had only one day off last weekend. I was also housesitting on the same street for an entire week (had to turn the house back over today; I was sad), so I felt closer knowing I was literally within running distance if she needed me. I went home and I don't know, I guess I'm tired, but I seriously almost cried. I suddenly felt so far away from her, and I know the 3rd day without Mama would be rough enough without me being gone too. As a matter of fact, I left her with her grandmother last night, and her grandmother called them at the hospital because Camila was crying inconsolably. Over the phone, all they could hear was her repeating,"Mama! Baba!" (Baba is me; Portuguese for nanny.) Her daddy had to go home and calm her down.
But I checked on her today and her other grandmother (that she sees more often and is used to staying with) was coming in again and they took her to see her mom in the hospital. She did much better today, since her mom looks better and can be up and around more. They said she still did well with the baby and said her name on the first try.
Her dad called me and said they will probably come home tomorrow (barring any unexpected complications) and I was more than welcome to come over. He said I wouldn't have to work, and they understood if I didn't want to, but I could come visit them if I wanted to. (I had texted earlier to check on everybody and see how they were doing, and admitted I missed them.) So tomorrow I think I will be going to visit my girls.
For tonight, I am babysitting yet again. Not having a reliable car or desire to drive on a highway leaves me with flying as my only travel option, and while I found good deals, it's not cheap! But God has given me a lot of work lately, and I'm grateful. After tonight, I have both plane tickets paid for, and have a start on spending money. Praise God!
I have to admit it leaves me very tired. I worked M-F last week, babysat Friday and Saturday night, I run like crazy on Sundays plus I started my housesitting/dogsitting gig Saturday afternoon, worked M-F with all that entailed, cleaned the house well last night (after having dinner with a friend and seeing the baby), got up early to do last-minute prep on the house, then ran errands BEFORE going to church for bus visitation, had to go back to the house to get a paycheck, and lo and behold, I had about an hour for a nap. Sadly my dad is re-doing our kitchen quite loudly, so the nap never really came together. But I rested anyway. Then I enlisted my brother to go to Walmart with me (kind of had some issues there lately so now I don't go alone), to get some things for Sunday school breakfast tomorrow (they are getting doughnuts and a danish cake, I decided). Then I came to babysit where I am staying till 12-ish. So you would think I've been too busy to miss anybody, but...I still kind of wish I was there instead of here. (You know, if bed isn't an option at all...)
But I will see them tomorrow. :) Now maybe I'll go take a stab at some writing...a very good friend has offered to nag me until I write, which will hopefully motivate me. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment