Vacation was GREAT. I absolutely LOVED New York City, and to my parents' dismay (or rather, utter horror), I would love to live there. All the people, noise, hustle, and bustle doesn't bother me. I actually really like it, and there is so much to do! Museums, theater, or even just walk through the city and there is stuff to see! And I love walking everywhere. In my two days there I managed to see the Plaza hotel, Grand Central Station, Central Park, the Empire State building (at night), Rockefeller Plaza, the Statue of Liberty (climbed to the top!), Ellis Island, Times Square aglow, Toys-R-Us (actually totally worth seeing), and a Broadway play.
I came back exhausted from my vacation but would jump up to do it again in a heartbeat.
But alas, it's back to the real world, and I rushed headlong into it. I have worked extremely full days every day except Wednesday, when I had church in the evening. But it's been a good week overall. I was saddened to learn some friends had a death in the family while I was gone, and would appreciate prayers for them.
Camila is growing up so fast. She called me on the phone a few times while I was gone and you would be surprised at the conversation I was able to carry on with a 19-month-old. She was able to tell me about things that had happened days before.
I came back to find Emi much bigger as well. She wants to laugh so bad; she smiles then strains to smile harder. She is holding her head up well, and yesterday she decided to roll over from her stomach to her back. I thought it was an accident the first time but she did it five times throughout the day!
Today was a good day for me and Camila. We had our last day of art class then went to Kohls to buy clothes for her. (I didn't even know they were having a sale! I just have great timing like that.) Then we went to Chickfila, where we met up with my friend and her little girl that's 3 (today is her birthday). The girls were so cute playing together that we really got home later than we were supposed to, but I hated to break them up. Camila was asleep almost instantly. Her parents are gone and took Emi with them (to pick up her grandma from the airport and maybe make a couple stops). The house is clean, my stomach is full...I may join her in that nap! :)
I've been to NYC...saw Central Park in April, with the cherry blossoms blowing around. It sounds like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED Central Park, it was beautiful. I got some great pictures.
ReplyDelete