Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Catching Up



Well as you can tell I was a little delirious by Friday, but I made it!


Saturday was spent playing catch-up on everything I hadn't been able to do that week AND I thought it was a week later than it was, so I thought my mom's birthday was this Friday. It's not, but I found a present anyway. (It was 6:00 Sunday night before I realized why no one had said anything about it being Palm Sunday...that would be NEXT week.)
Anyway, I may not have mentioned it but Camila is obsessed with the Wiggles (something I myself may have helped along a little). We listen to them in the car, she has Wiggles toys, we occasionally watch videos on Youtube, and she loves carrying around her Wiggles books and Wiggles DVD cases. So when we found out a local theater was going to be streaming a concert/show, her parents determined to take her to it. On Sunday afternoon, I came over after church to keep Emi while they took her to see it.
She LOVED it. They said she kept pointing to the screen and exclaiming to everyone around her, "Wiggles! Wiggles!" She came home exhausted, staying asleep as she was pulled out of the carseat (something she has never done). The next day, I asked her, "Did you see a BIG TV yesterday?"
Her eyes lit up. "Wiggles!"
"You saw the Wiggles?"
"Jeff!" (Sadly her favorite has changed from Anthony to Jeff. I am working on this.)
"And who else?"
"Pirate!"
"Captain Feathersword, the friendly pirate?! Who else?"
"Polvo!"
Not sure of the spelling, but that is the Portuguese word for octopus. It was sooo cute how she remembered it all.
It has been a busy week since then, but fairly uneventful. Today we went to the park with two of my good friends, but I took a chance and invited their mother along (Camila's and Emi's; not my friends'). I like to meet up with them at the park sometimes, but I worry that their mother will think I don't take good enough care of the girls when I'm with them or that she'll worry about who her children are around. These are actually two of my friends from the daycare. They both love kids and one has a 4 month old that I'm hoping can be a playmate for Emi as they grow. (She was also one of the babies I borrowed to try to prepare Camila for Emi's arrival.)
Anyway, I say all that to say I thought it might be a good idea to let her come with us sometimes and see them, get to know them and how they are, not to mention she could talk with another mother that has an infant.
Everybody had a great time. We ate a light lunch and chased Camila around the park and let her feed the ducks. I asked each of them individually how it was since I wasn't around a whole lot...I was too busy sliding down the slide. They all said they enjoyed it and had great conversation. So hopefully things will continue to go positively and Camila, Emi, and Veronica can all be playmates. Not to mention the fact that Camila and Emi are much like my own anymore, so my family and friends would like to be involved in their lives too sometimes. Since they don't have any family in town and all of their friends are moving, they may want to get to know and accept some of "my people". I think it would be good for all of us.
Camila was worn out. She fell asleep on the way home! Overall, it was a great day and I hope we can have more like it as the weather continues to warm up. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment