Weekends have gotten harder and harder. Usually after a 12-day or longer stretch, the first weekend feels weird, then I fall back into my routine of having two days with no tagalong. As I think I mentioned last week, I saw Camila (and Emi) 17 out of 18 days, and I think even the week before that I had only a one-day weekend. So last weekend was strange, but I had a lot of catching up to do so while I missed her, I was very busy.
Last Monday, when I came back, I was so excited to see them, but Camila acted put out with me at first. She has NEVER done this to me. (She has on her parents if they go more than a day without seeing her, but never to me; she's used to me being gone a day or two, but I guess she forgot.) She got over it quickly though and we enjoyed a fun week.
This weekend, even though I had things to do, I found I really missed her. It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and I drove with the windows down. Camila LOVES riding with the windows down on pretty days. I kept glancing up at the visor mirror to look at her, expecting to see that grin and wind-blown curls and saw only an empty carseat. It was soooo sad! And the car was so quiet without the Wiggles...I was just ready to see her.
This morning, I was a little worried about how she would react again. I was so ready to just grab her and cuddle her, but wondered if she would be standoffish. Nope! As I came up the driveway, I heard a knock on the window, and there she was in her ballerina pjs, all smiles. I knocked back on the window and she ran to the door to try to let me in (thankfully she can't actually open it yet, but she does try). I opened it for her and she grinned up at me. "Hi, Baba!"
"Hi Camila! Can I have a hug?" She practically jumped into my arms and gave me a big hug. I think she missed me too, but remembers that I don't live here.
I used to be so opposed to living in (no getting away from work, your boss knows everything you do so you would feel bad saying no to babysitting if they asked you last minute and you had no plans, you're homeless if the job ends or you get fired), but the more attached I get, the better it sounds. I don't think I ever actually will. Right now they don't have room for me, and I do still have my objections, and my parents really want me at home. But I'm beginning to understand why people do it.
Anyway, I hear Munchkin #2 calling...gotta run! ;)
Glad things are going well for you there :D
ReplyDeleteahhh...You are such a good nanny!
ReplyDelete