Today has been a good Friday, the end of a long week. We had art class this morning and she did even better than last week (cries less at the beginning and needs less and less help each time). Then we had lunch and a nice long walk before naptime. The dog nearly got himself killed when someone rang the doorbell twice and he refused to stop barking for 10 minutes after they were gone, waking up both children, but they both went back to sleep.
Now I have had two cookies (after lunch; I LOVE Girl Scout Samoa cookies), the house is clean, and in a little bit our neighborhood friend is coming over for an end-of-the week playdate.
Then I get a little bit of rest. I still have several church-related things to take care of, but I should be able to devote tomorrow to getting them done. This has been an extremely long week, with days that I have taken Camila out of the crib in the morning and lifted her in at night. (Her mother is still unable to lift her so I have been staying extra if her dad can not make it home in time.) Which means I will likely miss her a lot tomorrow but I may see her for a few minutes on Sunday. This girl LOVES the Wiggles so her parents may take her to a local theater to see something like a televised concert, and I would keep Emi so they could both go.
All in all though, I have to say I can't complain too much because I love my job, I love my kids, and when it's all said and done, I will be well-prepared for motherhood. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment