Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So Far, Shockingly Good!




So yesterday some real help came in and I was given most of the morning off today (didn't have to go in till 11). I had a personal party last night instead of going to bed...hot shower, chips, and two cans of soda before I realized that was wayyyy too much caffeine for that late at night. So I was up past 1 in the morning, but hey, I didn't have to get up early!


Yesterday really was a good day, though. The thing I like most about sleeping over is I can walk around in my pjs for a while. (My mom gave me this amazing polka dot fleece robe that zips up. It's so big and warm and comfy. Mmmmm.) I worked a lot of hours yesterday, but we were really all in a good mood, so I didn't care.



It dawned on Camila yesterday that she could hold Emi. We have offered a few times to let her sit down and hold her, but she always said no. We figured she would when she was ready. Some adults are scared to hold babies, let alone a toddler. Yesterday she was playing with us on the floor when suddenly she tried to pick Emi up! We stopped her and asked if she wanted to hold her. She said yes, so we sat her in one of our sturdier bouncy chairs and laid Emi in her lap. She held her for a minute, unsure of herself, yet very proud. It was sooo cute.





As you can see, Emi wasn't sure what exactly to think, but didn't cry.



Today their mom has ventured out to consignment sale with their grandma (the aforementioned help), so I have both girls right now, and lo and behold, both are asleep! It's like some kind of miracle how well things are going. I don't know about last night, but two nights in a row Emi slept 5 hours before needing to eat (which is excellent since she is not even 2 weeks old), and Camila is still in love with her baby sister. When she wakes up from her nap, the first word out of her mouth is usually, "Emi?"



Let's just pray it continues this way! Even if it doesn't, though, I'm thankful it has gone well this far. :)





2 comments:

  1. ahhh..she's adorable! YOu're doing a great job, Elizabeth. Camilla and Emi will have a good solid beginning with you being there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww those are sweet new pictures :)

    ReplyDelete